Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decking the Halls

Marisa and I have been reading Fancy Nancy's Splendiferous Christmas since Thanksgiving. She was more than ready to go pick out our tree and help decorate it this past weekend. This was the first year she could really participate, so I was excited to document it with my camera. We get our tree from Armstrong's Nursery. Not as fun as the hay rides in the Christmas tree farm complete with petting zoo and hot cocoa like I had as a kid growing up in Texas, but I always feel confident we're getting good quality trees that will last until the New Year. Here's Marisa picking out our tree and getting excited as Daddy brings it into the house...
Grandpa stopped by to help decorate as well. They were so cute doing it together, I was able to refrain from dictating exactly where each ornament needed to go! (Okay, I admit, after she went to bed, I might have rearranged a few.) We completed the tree the next morning. I saved the tree topper for Marisa because it's a huge part of the Fancy Nancy Christmas story.
Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment