Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown

Oh my. Is it really less than a week left until Thanksgiving?! Panic is setting in. Usually by now I have happily taken my time going through my Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, and Crate and Barrel catalogs to get ideas for my table, browsed FoodNetwork.com and Epicurious.com for new recipes, set my menu, and made my grocery list. I have done none of those things! I'll share my Thanksgiving menu this weekend, but for now I leave you with these quick ideas...

Pick up some fall leaves outside, get a brown sharpie, and hand write your guests names on them for a cheap and easy placecard. Last year my tablescape had traditional fall colors - yellows, golds, and reds. I added floating cranberries and slices of lemon to everyone's water goblets for a pop of color and finished with lots of candles. You may even want to scatter some leaves on the table or double stick tape some to the outside of a hurricane and then light your candles for a warm glow. This year, I have some mini pumpkins leftover from the Halloween party so I'm thinking I'll pick up some gold spraypaint to transform them into placecards. I have gold charges I picked up for $0.99 each at Big Lots and I'll accent the table with pear green napkins and a table runner. What will your table look like this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment